Tuesday 10 July 2012

NOTL Apothecary

Probably one of the most photographed buildings in the town of Niagara on the Lake, Ontario is the Niagara Apothecary.  This 18th century drugstore and museum located on the main downtown street attracts many visitors and onlookers who for the most part peer into the front window. ( It is closed most of the time).  I have been trying to tastefully photograph this location for several years and have not been successful until now.  My goal was to get a image devoid of distractions which are always present in a very touristy area.  With this photo I managed  to find the right location, which allowed me to record the image without meandering people, facility wires and other distractions.  I shot this at f/ 5.0, 1/500 sec at ISO 200, and a focal length of 62mm (Nikon DX sensor).  Although taken midday under sunny conditions,  the harsh lighting provided the much needed fill for the shady areas.  This is one of my favourite shots of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment